Friday, March 2, 2012

Taryn Stephanie Power ...

So, it was 1972 and Linda Christian said to me, I'm going to introduce you to my daughter's Taryn and Romina .. I can't really remember where it was I know it was in Marbella, Spain, I think she brought them into my old boutique on Orange Square in the old part of the Village.. I was 22 and so was Romina , Taryn was 19 .. my jaw dropped to the floor .. Linda laughed and said "see anything you like" !! I was hooked from the start.. tried to play it cool but that wasn't working so well. Anyway, Romina left for Italy the next day and met and married Italian rock star Al Bano and they became a big success, a very popular singing team in Italy/Germany and you would see them all the time on Spanish TV as well. Taryn stayed in Marbella. The girls had lived all over the world but grew up mostly in Spain and Italy .. I have so many stories I could tell but when Taryn turned 21 she was heiress to Tyrone Power money at least $300,000 bucks that was a lot back in those days, it was 1974. I had moved by then to the Puerto Banus to a much bigger boutique. So, she made eight films and one was "The Count of Monte Cristo" with Richard Chamberlain who she fell in love with and put my on the back burner so to speak.. Another one was in 1977 called "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger" by then I was back in with her because, Richard Chamberlain was way more gay than me and I don't think anything like sex was happening. We flew to Hollywood several times once to a New Years Eve party that Harold Robbins gave in 1976 and another time after that when we stayed at the 'Old Bel Air' estate on Copa De Oro where she was born and Tyrone and Linda had a huge mansion.. they had sold it but the women that bought it let them use it whenever they wanted. It had a guest house and was fabulous. The view was Hollywood at your feet and the pool was like huge. Anyway we split after that and she married Norman Seeff and they had a photo studio on Sunset a little old house sandwiched in, it



was cute and he made some money doing album covers etc .. he was not good looking enough for her .. I hated him !! Then she had kids and after she did the movie "Tracks" in 1984 with Dennis Hopper, she married the son of Soupy Sales, Tony Sales who was in the band of David Bowie and she needed to find a place to live and asked me if I knew of anything in Hollywood. She wanted my bungalow on North Curson but I said this is not big enough for your family. So, my friend Elle Elliott had just bought a house on Orange Drive off of Melrose with a pool was three bedrooms two baths.. I called her up and we rented it to Taryn she was getting money from Norman for a kid they had and Tony was working. Anyway, I used to see a lot of her then because Elle Elliott was always on location doing a movie and asked me to keep an eye on it for her.. so Taryn would wear a towel and nothing else around when Tony was on the road kinda tease type thing and my niece would play with her kids when she came to visit me in Hollywood.. My mind went blank .. there is more but I can't remember it right now .. to be continued. So, Taryn never had the confidence to follow in her famous parents foot steps, like her big sister did, but she is a stunning beautiful woman and I have some wonderful memories of her and Linda ... .

No comments:

Post a Comment