Saturday, May 12, 2012

Puerto Banus / Marbella / Spain / 1985 / Robert Kelly Smithey








So, this is a photographic collage Blog not much story mostly pictures. First picture is the Boutique, you can see some of the dresses hanging on the lattice... I took them down with a long stick that had a hook .. There was a Chagall Painting on the wall pink marble floors cost nine thousand bucks the fitting room was teak wood .. The boy is Felipe his father is a big Spanish Marque and the 1st cousin of King Juan Carlos, his mother was Janice an American women with the best house in Gstaad, Switzerland who had been involved with Ahmet Ertegun. There is a picture of Adnan Khashoggi's yacht "Nabila".. more chic, I thought .. The Golf Course, where Bob Hope played Sean Connery at a big tournament etc .. The apartment was a third floor walk up .. two apartments made into one big apartment .. There were plants around the front door, had my family's 'Coat of Arms' on the wall in stone, as you go into the front door. The door was steel & wood with a knocker, a hand with a ball type thing in bronze. Also had two security gates to get to the top floor you had to unlock. It had a brown leather chesterfield sofa and two chairs, I found in Malaga. It had a Crystal murano Chandelier that I went to Venice, Italy to get cost $10,000 - I took the fireplace out of the front apartment. I put fabric on the walls with thick padding because the walls were not straight and paint was out of the question, that cost ten thousand bucks.. I took a wall out between the two apartments and the back bedroom became the dining room, mirrored that for the Miguel Berrocal art work display .. I had a party for the Classic TV show called 'The Love Boat' once. It was season 9 and they were in Marbella. I paid $40,000 for the back apartment in 1972 and rented the front apartment until I bought it for $60,000 a friend of mine loaned me the money out of her pocket, no interest!! I spent not sure how much to combine them and decorate .. The 'Olympics of 1992' busted the country .. It was just a big bluff, but, it was a beautiful show stopper. This apartment had a lot of gracious Europeans with big titles as its guest, like Habsburg/Aragon/Braganza/Borbon/Rothschilds/Bismarcks and less important titles .. I used to buy liquor by the case ..

No comments:

Post a Comment