Monday, November 7, 2011

Jennifer Jones and the Pierre and Madison Hotels ..



So, in 1980 I left Los Angeles and flew to New York with Jennifer Jones Simon and her husband Norton and Elle Elliott -- We stayed a couple of weeks and then Jennifer and myself and Elle left for Washington D.C. with-out Norton and stayed at the Madison Hotel where we shared a suite together .. she was 58 and I was 27. I loved her raven hair and had given her a rare black tiger's eye necklace for her birthday a choker type thing.. I found in a Malibu jewelry store. She had to be at a function for the Huntington's Disease Council, I think she was the commissioner or something .. It was in October and we had a limo and drove around went to the White House etc.. As we sat in the back of the limo and talked she told me about her days with Selznick and how he was not her Svengali. She was like Audrey Hepburn she let men think they were in charge, but both of them had equal rights with men, I think. She won the Oscar at 24 and left it in a taxi.. lost it! What a Glamour Queen. Her daughter with David O. Selznick jumped out of George Masters penthouse apartment on Wilshire Blvd. on MOTHERS DAY! Or pushed not sure ! She had been to India where she went up a mountain to meet a Guru in a cave and took up five suitcases on horse back. Anyway, she said " all the great talent wanted to work for David", and, "I only had three hundred thousand dollars left when I met Norton in 1971 from the marriage to David"..

No comments:

Post a Comment