Sunday, November 13, 2011

Margaux Hemingway & Robert Kelly Smithey ...


So, It was in 1976 and I was at a lunch party at the home of Grace and Harold Robbins at there beautiful mediterranean style house high up in the hills of Beverly on the famous Tower Grove Drive .. He was renting but could of bought it out right with cash if he had wanted to. My friends Linda Christian and Taryn Power her daughter were there but I had my own car, was driving a white 1960 Jaguar Mark IX the saloon model. In walks tall supermodel Margaux Hemingway with her publicist. Grace puts me next to her at the lunch table and we hit it off. We talked and drank wine and went for a walk in there garden spent hours together until we were the last two people there. Grace had to go to Rodeo Drive for something and Harold said come into my study. The famous California sunset you could see and feel was just about to start. We sit down on a leather sofa with a glass top coffee table in front of it. Harold pulls out what looked like a golf ball - It was Peruvian flake cocaine - He takes out a pen knife and starts to shave off what looked like powdered sugar and it falls on this class table. If you have never experienced real 100% cocaine you do not know what you are missing!! This stuff shined it looked like fish scales and breaks off in flakes. He made three inch and a half long lines and then split them one line per nostril and you don't put your finger over the other one I learned. It was more like an opiate, I felted relaxed in a funny way it lasted about an hour or so and there was no comedown it just started fading. What an experience, EUPHORIA, unreal, and to be with beautiful Margaux that was the kicker - and the sunset WOW ...... anyway - she had to catch a plane to New York later that night the red/eye you call it.. I drove her to LAX and put her on the plane. We exchanged phone numbers and she said she wanted to go to Marbella and stay at the Incosol Medical Health Spa Hotel, to lose weight, models had to stay thin, you know !! I had a boutique there in the Hotel that lost me a lot of money, until, I closed it down. I said, I will arrange a room for you. I wanted to dress her!! She said, great, .. she was 6 ft. tall perfect for me, my barbie doll fantasy. This was just after she did the movie "Lipstick". Around, the time she had the million dollar Faberge contract. So, I left, myself, for New York, the next week and sublet my old apartment on East 72nd St. between Park and Lexington Ave.. for six months. The discotheque "Studio 54" opened up in 1977, and we both were there a lot, me, only in the beginning days of it, because I was living mostly in Europe.. So, I go back to Marbella and she calls me to say, she wants, and needs to stay at Incosol to dry out really from all the partying , and, I make the arrangements and she comes over and stays there and she is supposed to come into the Puerto Banus boutique for a dress fitting where I get to take there measurements and bra size, my favorite part of the process of making a dress, if they are hot and tall etc.. and the day she said she would be there, I have Champagne ready etc.. I think, I might get lucky with her !! She stood me up! I realized later that she had mental disorders .. she died in 1996 at age 42.. another drug overdose...

No comments:

Post a Comment